The aims of the AEBR are;
- to make their particular problems, opportunities, tasks and projects intelligible;
- to represent their overall interests to national and international parliaments, organs, authorities and institutions;
- to initiate, support and co-ordinate their co-operation throughout Europe (creation of a network);
- to exchange know-how and information in order to formulate and co-ordinate common interests on the basis of the various cross-border problems and opportunities, and to offer adequate solutions.
The objectives of the AEBR are;
- to implement programmes and projects, to apply for funds and to receive and to dispose of them;
- to organise events that deal with cross-border problems;
- to help to solve cross-border problems and to support special activities;
- to prepare and implement common campaigns within the networks;
- to inform European political bodies and the public about cross-border issues.
East Border Region Ltd was delighted to host the Association’s Annual Conference from 21st-23rd October 2010 in Dundalk/Newry. The conference was a tremendous success with over 250 delegates from all corners of Europe visiting our Region.
Association of European Border Regions (AEBR)
Enscheder Str. 362
Phone: +49 – 2562 – 70219
Telefax: +49 – 2562 – 70259
Cordula Pandary email@example.com
Marie-Lou Perou firstname.lastname@example.org